Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!  Yesterday the kids had a Cinco De Mayo celebration at school.  So of course, I love a theme day, so it was time to come up with something good!!
With no time to shop, I consulted Pinterest and came up with some sombreros and ponchos.  The kids loved painting after dinner.
They both worked really hard and took it very seriously.
While our sombreros were drying we started our ponchos (thanks Tammy for the paper).  
Oliver really loved painting!  But after a while he decided to just paint his hands.  He was very proud of himself.
And being the mother that I am instead of telling him "no" I just kept taking pictures :)
Claire did a great job, as always.  She didn't want to paint strips on her poncho so I took a few deep breathes and allowed her to have her creative freedom :)  And it came out adorable!!
 She had so much fun.  I love this face.
Then I put my little artists to work cleaning up!
Oliver took a break from the floor for a while and started to clean up his body.
Here are the final sombreros.
Oliver ready for school!!!  Oliver also had a sticky mustache to wear too:)
Claire ready to go!!!!  

Their outfits came out adorable and we had a blast making them!  HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!

No comments: