Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Turkey Day!!
This year for Thanksgiving my kids looked so adorable!  All I wanted this year was a nice family picture of all of us. I tried and I tried but this was the ONE day that my kids were NOT going to cooperate!  
 We started here.  Not too bad, except Claire looks miserable and Oliver is looking the wrong way.
Ok Claire is cheering up. But Mark isn't looking and I am apparently talking.
Now I may be yelling at someone and Auntie Rose's hand has entered the picture.
 Yep, things are going really well.
So this one may be the best.  Even though Oliver is making a goofy smile.  This was our best one of the night.

Oliver looked so handsome in his tie. I swear if you slapped some Old Spice on him and handed him a briefcase, he would be my father!!
Then of course, the turkey was hat was brought out.

We tried to get a shot with Papa....yeah that didn't go so well either.
Then we tried with Aunt Sue....nope not gonna happen there either.
Oliver did however, enjoy the pie.

Then it was time to head over to Aunt Irene's.
Where Oliver snuggled up with Tom and continued to eat some more food.
And then some more.
It was then that I decided to try to get another family shot.  Yeah, still not gonna happen.

It doesn't matter though.  This year I am so thankful for everything that I have.  I am so lucky to be surrounded by a wonderful family!  Also, I am thankful for the health of all of the people I love.  But, most of all I am thankful for the most amazing children in the world!  They complete my life and make everyday perfect (even when its not).  Also, I am thankful for a wonderful husband.  Mark is a great husband and an incredible father and I don't know what I would do without him.

Well now that Thanksgiving is over....IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!
So we started decorating!!
Oliver was amazed by all the lights and decorations.
Claire got the Christmas bug from me apparently because she LOVES decorating!!
We loved decorating while listening to Christmas music!
Claire's favorite part is putting the star on top of the tree.
She loves helping her Daddy.
Oliver loved helping too but he didn't get to do too much because he just shakes everything.  So he got very sick of hearing "no, no" over and over.
So he grabbed his Thomas book and hopped on the couch.
Then it was time to bust out the train.  As you can see, Claire and Oliver was SUPER excited to get started with the train.
Oliver was THRILLED with the train this year.  He just kept yelling "Choo, choo!"  and "Whoa!".
 The kids waited sooo patiently while Daddy set up the train.
They loved it when it was all set up!! 
 They watched the train for almost an hour! 
Oliver kept waving every time the train would go by.  Then he would blow it kisses.  I swear he was so excited every time that it went by that I thought he was gonna pass out!! 

My favorite season is here!  I can't wait to do all the fun Christmasy things with the kids this year!!!

No comments: