Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!!  This year we had a great Halloween!  Claire loves dressing up and enjoying all the parties and activities that go along with Halloween.  And Oliver is old enough to really  join in the fun now!
Claire and Oliver were mice this year.  Well, it started out that they were elephants, then mice, then rats for a short time, and then back to mice.  Claire really wanted her and Oliver to be the same thing.  When I kept asking her what she wanted to be, she would say "Whatever Oliver is going to be because he is my brother."  So it was finally settled on mice.  And I must say, they were the cutest mice I have ever seen.
We started out the festivities with the Halloween Bash at my school.  The kids had a blast playing in my classroom.
Oliver loved playing with all my calendar stuff.
Claire wasn't really into the dancing at first but Oliver jumped right into the Cha Cha Slide.  Claire warmed up and her and I rocked it up a little later.
Then we went to a Halloween party at Aunt Pam's house.  One of Pam's friend brought her dogs and they were dressed up in adorable little costumes.  My kids thought this was the greatest thing EVER!  They especially liked that one of the dogs was named Oliver.
Here are my crazy mice as I was trying to get a cute picture of them together.  Thank God I got one (see above) because something happened to all my pictures from when we went trick or treating (I have finally started to get over it...kinda....I still feel a little like throwing up when I think about it but I am getting past it.).
Then we headed to our town's Halloween Party at our local park.  The kids loved the firetrucks.
Oliver was super excited to sit inside the truck.
Then on Sunday we carved our pumpkins.  Claire just had to write her name on hers so that everyone knew it was hers (we are getting there on her name writing).
Oliver was so excited to get his own pumpkin.
He kept kissing it.
Claire loved drawing her own face on her pumpkin this year.
And Oliver did his best to draw his own face.
Once the face was drawn on his pumpkin Oliver kept staring at it.
Claire got right in there to scoop out the goo.
Oliver LOVED scooping out the goo.
He worked on this forever!
Grandma stopped over to help out.  Oliver loved using the spoon to scoop stuff out.
He really got into it!
But I think his favorite part was banging the spoon on the bowl to get the goo into the bowl.

Overall, the kids loved Halloween!  When we went trick or treating (which we have no pictures of...breathe....I just have to breathe) Oliver was hilarious!  He would yell "tree o teet" and then he wouldn't let people put stuff in his bucket (thank you again Auntie Kate for the adorable Halloween buckets).  He wanted them to hand it to him so that he could put it in himself.  Then he would yell "TAN YOU!"  and blow kisses.  It was adorable.  One house just kept giving him candy so that he would do it again and again.  Claire loved trick or treating too but she didn't last very long.  After about 10 houses she was ready to head home and check out her stash.  Aunt Jessica, Uncle Nick, and Giada met up with us and we had a blast.  After we headed home and they stayed out trick or treating Claire goes "Wow Giada must really LOVE trick or treating!".
At school Claire and Oliver's costumes were a hit!  The teachers took an adorable picture of them and now it is the picture on their sign in computers.  I thought this was so sweet!  Then I turned around and saw this!  Claire apparently had the "Quote Of The Week".  I guess every week they take one of the hilarious things that the kids say and put it up on the wall for everyone to see.  Have I mentioned that I just love this kid!

No comments: