Monday, August 2, 2010

Claireisms

Lately, Claire has been hilarious.  On top of being a GREAT big sister she has really been becoming her own little person.  She has been coming out with some great one liners and doing some fantastic stuff!


The other day our local police department (which Mark has made me edit) had an open house.  The chief took the kids through the whole station and showed them the different parts.  Claire and Giada thought it was great.  Jessica and I wanted to put them in a cell and get a picture but we thought they might not allow that :)  While the Chief was explaining how dispatch works, Claire let me know, "Well it's a good thing we were not bad Mom!"


Later that evening, we walked up to see our local fireworks.  Claire and Giada had a blast!


Giada brought some babies to share with Claire.  Claire decided that she needed to nurse the baby while we waited for the fireworks to start.  


Then she had to switch sides.  The best part was that she held the baby there for a while and was looking around and talking like she does this all the time :)


On Saturday we had Andrea and Briana's graduation party (congrats ladies).  Claire loved looking at all of Uncle Tom's beautiful landscaping.  She loved this statue.  She was very concerned however that this statue was nudie.  Then she told me, "Oh Mama, she must be embarrassed that she is nudie." and I asked her why she would think that.  And Claire informed me, "Because she is covering her eyes."  So of course I had to snap a picture :)


Here is Claire with Andrew/Silly Boy.  She had a blast playing with him.  Andrew took Claire for a nice walk and while they were walking he was being silly and walking backwards.  So that night while saying our prayers Claire wanted to pray for Andrew.  When I asked her why, she told me, "well Mom because he didn't know which way to walk."  


Claire had a blast playing with her cousin at the party.

Also, the other day Claire figured out how to get Dora videos on my phone.  When I told her to show Mark she kept saying, "I can get Dora videos Daddy, I swear a God I can!"  Her other big line lately is, "Did you even realize..."  For example, "Mom did you even realize that I have a Woody doll?" or "Mom did you even realize that that is a hot tub?"  She is just too much.  We laugh on a daily basis :)

2 comments:

Village Living said...

How freakin' funny that little Claire is! The pictures of her feeding her baby are awesome! It's amazing what little kids pick up...haha.

Sara said...

Too cute!! She is hilarious!! Last night she told me "It's okay that you got the wrong drink...we'll just put some apple juice in it...now you know for next time!" She cracks me up!!