Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beach Bums

We have pretty much been spending any spare time that we have at the beach.  The weather has been awesome and it has been great spending time with the family while enjoying the last little bit of summer.



I think that Claire takes after her Grandma.  Grandma LOVES the beach and Claire is right there with her.  In this picture the wind was blowing sand EVERYWHERE and the water was freezing (if you look closely Claire's lips are blue) but Claire refused to leave the beach.


We all had a great time hanging out and goofing around.


Claire and Owen had a blast playing with their cousins.  We tried to get them to both sit still for a picture but this is what we got instead, it pretty much sums up the kids after a long day in the sun.


Claire and I even invited our friends up.  Claire had a blast being buried in the sand for the first time.  Notice her left hand.  She got a boo boo at the cottage and for the rest of the day, she held her hand in the air.


This is how each day pretty much ended for Claire.  This is her on the deck passed out.


This is Claire and Bella passed out after a day at the beach.


Oliver loved the beach too!  I think the sound of the water kept him happy.  I got pretty lucky and there were a few days of overcast so Oliver could hang out on the beach.  And wear his beach hat :)  I got a ton of pictures of him with his hat on and I couldn't decide which one was the cutest so I am going to post them all :)


Come on?!  Have you seen a cuter face?!?!


See what I mean?  He just gets cuter every picture :)


There was a little something for everyone to drink at the beach :)
  I swear this freezer has EVERYTHING!

**Careful Tom, only one of those is for you**


This has nothing to do with the beach but COME ON how great is this picture?!  I found this bee (or half of a bee) after my first ride out to the beach.  He has been on the front of my truck for two weeks as a warning to the other bees to GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

1. No, I most certainly have NOT seen a cuter face!!! I love him!! And 2. way to go with the bee. Let that be a lesson to the rest of 'em...

Amanda said...

The beach looks awesome - so jealous!

Village Living said...

What fun you are all having at the beach!