Sunday, November 29, 2009

And So It Begins......


Well, the madness has started! Let me just start by saying I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I am one of "those people". My house transforms to Christmas Central and every decoration has a "meaning" or "memory" behind it. So the day after Thanksgiving every year, it begins! This year was a little tricky, I had to take a few breaks :( But Mark (formerly known as the Grinch) was excellent!!! I think after ten years my ridiculous love of this holiday has finally rubbed off on him!


Santa's little helper. This year is awesome! Claire really understands the whole Christmas concept and WOW is she excited!!


This year I went to the pottery place and recreated the old school Christmas Tree. I believe most Moms made them in the late 70's - early 80's. Since our family's tree is MIA I just made my own! Claire loved helping put on all the lights. I can totally remember playing with the lights on my mother's tree and every year her yelling "Stop playing with the lights, you are gonna lose them!!" and sure enough all the lights are gone!




Claire loved putting all of "Claire's Ornaments" (AKA non breakable ornaments) on the tree. She would put one on and then stand back with her hands on her hips and say "You like dat Mama? Dat hornament look good?" I think she totally gets this whole Christmas thing :)






Claire couldn't wait to get her hands on our second christmas tree (I told you I was serious about this)!

PS Be on the look out for a new Christmasy background (they are not easy to find!!!)!

PPS DISCLAIMER: While I love Christmas I would like to point out that I am not one of those people who covers every square inch of lawn with large inflatable Santas, Snowmen, Baby Jesuses, Etc. I do feel there is such a thing as too much!

2 comments:

Village Living said...

I love your ceramic tree! Your actual tree looks great too! Looks like you had an awesome little helper:) Enjoy the Christmas season!!!

Village Living said...

Oh yeah...and I totally agree with you. I hate the houses where it looks like Christmas threw up on their front lawn.