Saturday, August 15, 2020

Summer Stuff

 I have decided to stop counting the days of quarantine.  Since I am not blogging everyday, it was getting very confusing and honestly the number is getting pretty high and depressing.

I haven't been blogging everyday but we have been keeping busy and trying to enjoy this last bit of summer.  Things have been a bit stressful with the decisions about schools reopening looming over us.  The district Mark and I work in decided to go virtual until Thanksgiving.  People are angry (which I can understand to a certain point) but us teachers had nothing to do with it and I am sad at how people are treating us and hating us. So I am trying not stress out about how I will make all of this work and how I will make this a great year for my students (because I will make it amazing) and just enjoy summer!

Ok so onto the summer stuff we have been doing!

Mark and I had a surprise date night.  I say surprise because I thought we had plans with friends on Sunday and it turns out those plans were in fact NEXT Sunday!
It all worked out because we had a nice night with just us!  I don't know what I am going to do when the weather gets colder and we can't sit outside at restaurants anymore.
Mark is still stealing my computer all the time when I have stuff to do.
I am loving my mid-day iced coffee treats in my new favorite cup!
Claire has field hockey clinics three mornings a week and I have been taking her and running 4 miles while she practices. While I despise getting up so early, I love how we laugh and talk on the way there and the way home!
Erin had a birthday!
Claire got glasses and I cannot even stand how old she is getting!

And I miss my work friends like crazy! I just want to everything to go back to normal so I can goof around with my friends at work!