Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Beach Birthday 

They say you can’t stop time and truer words have never been spoken. Yesterday my best girl turned 11!!!!
I woke up to these two turkeys giggling and hanging out in Claire’s room. Then we all laid in bed I told Claire the story of the day she was born (like I do every year) and we looked at her baby book.  I swear I blinked and 11 years flew by!

This year we celebrated Claire's birthday at one of her favorite places, THE BEACH!

A HUGE thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for making Claire's day so special!
Claire loved sun bathing on the beach (because she is 11).
And playing with her cousins!
Liam loved relaxing on his raft.
Cousin Love!!!!
Even though it was ridiculously hot everyone enjoyed the summer weather!
Camden and Claire and BFFS
These turkeys couldn't just smile at me!  But they were having a blast!
There we go!
Claire's birthday cake this year!  Thanks Aunt Tiffany for the cheesecake!
My beautiful 11 year old!!!
Love her.
Papa making a wish and pulling the knife out of the cake.
Claire opening her presents!
Her audience.
My favorites.
After all of the food we headed back down to the beach for the bon fires and fireworks.
Claire and Oliver did some night swimming!!
Then it was time for the fireworks up and down the beach!
Everyone cleans up the beach from the winter and builds gigantic bon fires up and down the beach!
The kids loved the amazing firework show!  These were seriously the BEST fireworks that I have ever seen!  Our friend Russ went above and beyond and single handedly beat ANY firework display that I have EVER seen!  It was amazing to have our feet in the water and watch the show!  There was also a bag piper on the beach playing patriotic songs and that just sealed the magic.  It was a great way to celebrate our country and our independence!
When Claire was born I nursed her late at night on July 3rd and we were all alone in the quiet hospital room.  I could see the fireworks out my window and I whispered to her, "Every year for your birthday I promise that there will be fireworks for you across the land."  It was such a special night and seeing these fireworks with my whole family around us at one of my favorite places in the world was just perfection.  



No comments: