Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ice Skating

Last night I came home from a nice dinner to find everyone having a slumber party in the living room!
Mark and Oliver were all snuggled up on the couch.
And Claire was sound asleep on the floor.  So I grabbed my pillow and blanket and hopped on the love seat.  It wasn't the most comfortable spot but it was fun to all  have a sleepover in the living room!
Oliver has been obsessed with hockey lately.  This is his stick, puck, and "goalie mitt" that he uses to play hockey in the living room for hours every day!
Oliver is so obsessed with hockey that he has been asking Mark if he can play.  So before we signed him up for anything we decided to take him skating and see how it went.
We had a great time!  Oliver struggled a bit at first but he would not give up and would not stop skating!
Claire ended up with a blister so her and I walked around enjoyed the warm weather while the boys kept skating.
We really had fun and the weather was so perfect!
And what would a trip to Canalside be without a visit to Shark Girl?!

After ice skating we stopped at the grocery and bought some fun stuff to make for dinner.  It was another excellent day of vacation.  I am so lucky that I have a job that gives me the same time off as my kids! 

No comments: