Saturday, April 6, 2013

Best Buddies

Today we went to the playground and enjoyed our last full day of vacation.  The weather was nice so we decided to walk up to the playground.  While we were at the playground I watched the kids play and I realized how lucky I am. I have a great husband and two amazing kids who love each other.  Claire and Oliver truly love each other and enjoy playing together.  I hope they are always like this.  Later at dinner Oliver was chugging his milk and took a quick break from drinking and breathlessly said "I wuv you guys." and then went back to drinking his milk.  It was perfect.
I am so lucky to have a husband who really enjoys playing with the kids.  No matter how busy he is with work he always takes time to play (and I mean really play) with his buddies.  The kids always have a blast with their Daddy!
Here are my babies swinging together.  Claire is always around to help Oliver out.  
These two really enjoy spending time together.  They play so nice and I love how much they lean on each other.
I don't even know what they are laughing at and this is why I love them.  They are always having a blast :)
Here is Oliver telling Claire a secret :)
Claire is always hugging and kissing Oliver.  I love that my kids will not go to bed without giving each other a hug and kiss.
Claire is growing up so fast (I know that I say that in pretty much every post but it is the truth!)!!  Today we were getting ready to leave and she wanted her hair a certain way.  I took my time and she was thrilled that it looked different.  She always sits and watches me get ready so today I asked her if she wanted a little of my perfume (body spray) and she lit up like a Christmas tree!  Then I put a touch of blush on her and some chapstick and I thought she might lose her mind!! When we were walking to the playground she reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it.  I looked down at her and she was smiling up at me.  It wasn't a goofy smile but a real smile from her heart.  Then she said "Mom, I feel so grown up.  I kinda look like you.  We kinda look the same with our perfume and makeup.  I feel so pretty like you."  It was all I could do not to burst out crying.  It was such a small thing that made her whole day.  I vowed right then and there to try to make her feel special like that every day.  Because someday she will be a teenager and I really want her to still come to me for advice for things like that and not hate my guts.  And even if she does go through that phase I will always remember her little five year old smiling face holding my hand and looking up at me, proud to be like her Mama.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a sweet post...I love it!!! You made me tear up a bit!!! They are both growing up so fast and developing their own unique personalities! Love them both soo much!!! :)