Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Christmas Season

The Christmas season is upon us and I am loving every minute of it!!  The kids are at a perfect age to enjoy every moment of the Christmas season!
Oliver loved helping me decorate the tree this year.  He kept saying "These ornaments are booaful!"
Claire always loves putting the ornaments in just the right spot.
We have been wearing our Christmas jammies and watching tons of Christmas specials.
Oliver was very excited to see his favorite train again!
And of course, I have been taking absurd amounts of pictures!
My Christmas Angels.
My little Elves.
We started our newest tradition this year.  The Elf On The Shelf.  This Elf comes to your house and you must give him or her a name (ours is a girl elf).  Once she is named she is yours.  She will watch you all day and when you finally fall asleep, she heads back to the North Pole and reports back to Santa.  Then the next morning she returns and hides in a new spot to watch you for the day.  And you can't touch her or she will lose her magic.  The kids are LOVING this!  They named her Cozy (it was between that and Sparkle Train).  She first appeared in Oliver's stocking.
Then this morning she showed up in the upstairs hallway.  The kids love her and they are being on their best behavior so she will give Santa a good report.

I absolutely love this time of year.  Everything is so happy and magical!!  I love that the kids are really getting into every little thing!!  I am so happy with all of the traditions that we have started and I am truly enjoying every second of this season.

No comments: