Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

This year for New Year's we stayed home to have our usual family dinner.  This year Uncle Nick, Aunt Jessica, and Giada joined us.  We had a perfect evening!
The guys made us a delicious dinner of lobster and steaks!  Here is Mark cutting the rubber bands off of our lobsters.
As much as I love lobster, I have a hard time watching this part.
Nick did an excellent job whisking.
Aunt Jessica and Uncle Nick brought the kids balloons!  Oliver was THRILLED!!!  He loves balloons and this one was bigger than him!!
They also brought noise makers and fun New Year's party supplies!!
Even Pete got to wear one.
Oliver loved the noise makers and balloons.  But mostly I think that he was just thrilled to be involved and play with the big kids.
The Cappelli girls loved trying out our noise makers.
Claire loved playing her buddy and celebrating New Year's with her friend!
Oliver loved it too but I am pretty sure he just loved his gigantic balloon.
 After dinner we brought the little monsters upstairs to get their jammies on for the "ball drop" and the girls had a blast pulling Oliver around by his jammies.  Poor kid, he loved it!  Just as long as they were playing with him, they could do whatever they wanted!
They do love each other :)
 Me and my favorite people in the whole world!
I am pretty sure they love me too.
After some fun playing, we had our special "Happy New Year" (around 9:30) so that Oliver could go to bed.  The kids loved counting down and blowing their noise makers!!!
We loved sharing our New Year's with the Cappelli's!!!
I was taking a ton of pictures when we noticed Oliver grabbed his camera and was yelling "cheeeesseee".  I love this kid!!
We had our early "New Year's" believing the girls would pass out at some point.  But these little rock stars made it all the way to the end!!  Here they are 1 minute before 2012, still going strong.
They even put on a show for all of us :)

Overall, it was a perfect evening!  I never would have thought that the best New Year's plans would be staying home and having dinner with my family.  Back in the day we went all over the place and partied all night long.  Now, this even better!!  I wouldn't change a thing!!!!  
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy new year! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!