Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Oliver!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!!!
 Today is my baby's first birthday!  It was one year ago today that my perfect little boy came into this world and completed my family.  I cannot imagine life without him and I love him more than words could ever say!
Oliver has brought this family so much joy in the last year!  I can't believe how quickly he has grown up.  The first time I laid eyes on this handsome blue eyed boy I fell in love.  And that love has continued to grow every second of every day since then.  I am truly blessed!

To celebrate Oliver's first birthday we decided to go to the Zoo.
Oliver loved the zoo!  He called every animal a dog but I am sure he knew they weren't all dogs.  I didn't get any super good pictures because I didn't really play around with my settings (and I refuse to cheat and take pictures on auto) and the lighting wasn't really great today. But I did get some cute shots of the birthday boy and his big sister.  Here is Oliver in the rain forest.  I swear he couldn't get close enough to the animals.
Claire loves to see the bears but for some reason the only bear out today was the polar bear.
Oliver took his first ride on the merry go round. He was pumped to get on the horse.  When the ride starting moving he wasn't so sure but he held it together and I think overall he has a blast!
Claire, on the other hand, is an old pro.
Just hanging out pettin some wooden animals.
Claire had a blast in the bone zone looking for fossils.  She came to school with me on Earth Spirit Day and she learned all about fossils so this was right up her alley.  That is until there were tons of stones in her shoes.  Then she was done.
I am pretty sure that Oliver would have just eaten all the dirt so he just watched us from outside while he chomped on his beloved cherrios.
Oliver loved seeing the lions!  He just pointed and smiled.  And yelled "dog" over and over.
Oliver was a big fan of the gorillas too.  He did his signature point and yelled "dog".  Oliver also had a blast saying "hiya" to everyone who passed by.
I don't normally take pictures of the animals but here is the new baby at the zoo.  She was born on October 8, 2010 (my mother's birthday) and she is simply precious!

After the zoo we headed to Perkins for a nice family dinner.
And of course a birthday treat.
We sang "Happy Birthday" while Oliver smiled and clapped!  Then we kissed him up!!
Claire not only loved to help eat Oliver's birthday treat but, to help him eat it as well.
Then the waitress gave Oliver a balloon.  And I am pretty sure that topped EVERYTHING we did for the entire day.  

Overall, it was a great family day!  
I think Oliver's first birthday was the first of many special birthdays!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy 1st Birthday to my little buddy. I just love him, give him a big birthday hug from his Aunt Jessica!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! What a perfect day!