Friday, February 24, 2012

K..On The Right Track

With everyone being sick, we have been cooped up in this house and let's just say we are all starting to get cabin fever.  The kids were getting sick of their usual toys and I was getting sick of the TV.  Then I remembered an idea that my friend at work had.
I laid down blue painter's tape all over the floor in the family room.  Then I showed Oliver that is was a track.  Let's just say he was THRILLED!!!  He got out all of his trucks and had a blast.  
Then Claire got really into it too.  She got out all of her houses and put them along the track.  She even found the trees from our dinosaur set put them along the track too.  Then she grabbed a train and her and Oliver spent over an hour just pushing their trains and cars on the track.  They would stop at a house every now and then to play or at the fire station.  It was super adorable and it kept them busy for an over an hour!  Which gave me time to disinfect every toy and surface in the house.

One of the perks of being locked in the house all week was it gave me a chance to get some of my projects done.  Here is one that I found on Pinterest .
I went to a craft store and bought a letter K.
Then I painted it black.
And quickly learned to put it up on soup cans so that it doesn't stick to the paper (thanks Mom).
Then I printed up tons of pictures of my family in black and white.  I printed them on regular printer paper, nothing fancy.  Then I arranged them on the K (this was the hardest part) and then Modge Podged on there.  It came out so sweet!  This is going to be the center of my picture wall to get me started!  I can't wait!! 

PS I have ALWAYS wanted to do a crafty post like this :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm thinking about busting out some painters tape over here too! And I love your pic-by-pic tutorial. I even pinned the final project! (watch out - you're going to be famous now!!!) It turned out so cute!

Sara said...

I love the K!!! I was thinking about doing something like that when we move in!!! Nice job Ms. Crafty :)